"From the very first minute I arrived ..."

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

From the very first minute I arrived at the hospital both myself & my husband were very aware of just how much pressure the nursing staff inc doctors @ A&E were under. at the same time not once did I feel that was at a cost to my care. I was taken into xray immediately, where it was found i had a fractured femur. the house Dr who was on duty that evening came & spoke to myself & my husband & infomed us of the options for my treatment. Not once did I feel the conversation was rished as the dr was more than happy to eliviate any concerns that i had.

I was then taken to ward F4 (or F3) where i was to spend the next 7 days. The nursing staff, especially the health care assistants made my stay a very comfortable & happy one. Nothing seemed to be to much trouble for them, if it was they were far to professional to let it show. At times I watched the nursing staff do there duties under some considerable strain & still they wore a smile for the not so appreciative patients.

I would like to thank Bolton Hospital for the wonderful care I have had & still continue to receive .

On my day of discharge I didnt leave the hospital until after 6pm waiting for my medication from pharmacy.

To all the staff at this wonderful hospital, I Thank You.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know about your good experience. We will let our staff know of your comments. Unfortunately it can sometimes take a little longer than we would all like for prescriptions to be ready for patients going home but a lot of work has been taking place to speed things up.