"excellent care"

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

I transferred my pain management care to the RVI after feeling very disillusioned about the care I was getting from my local hospital and it is the best thing I have ever done. The care right across the board has been excellent and in my experience far superior to other hospitals . I have been listened to and feel part of any decision making regarding my care which is always carefully explained to me. All members of staff have been helpful and polite. Appointments run pretty much to time-in my local hospital a wait of 2 hours wasn't unknown and I haven't ever felt rushed. The areas of the hospital I have been in have always been very clean. In short I have no complaints whatsoever and I would urge anyone who has to think again.

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback through NHS Choices. The Pain Management Team aims to involve patients in the decision making process, and to provide time for patients during any consultation. We are delighted that this was reflected in your experience of the service. We will forward this on to the team who will appreciate, and be encouraged, by your kind remarks.