"They deserve praise for the manner in which they did their job"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / Accident and emergency South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

I suffered a severe asthma attack on Tuesday 30th September whilst at work. An ambulance was called and arrived within 5 mins. My story is about the two paramedics called Charlotte and Nicky.

They were amazing in dealing with me, keeping me calm and going about their jobs in a truly professional manner. I would like to say a big thanks to them both and in particular Charlotte for keeping my spirits up and talking to me on the way to the hospital. We always hear the negative stories about our emergency services and I thought that both Charlotte and Nicky deserve praise for the manner in which they did their job.. Many thanks ladies...

Dear Ethecelt

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.

Laura

Response from Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Response from South Western Ambulance service at the time of posting in October 2014 Dear Ethecelt Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you are feeling much better now. It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need us most. I would like to pass your kind comments onto Charlotte and Nicky. Would you be able to contact me, laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk or call 01392 453831, at your convenience, with the address that the ambulance attended? This would allow me to identify the staff involved and ensure they are recognised for the care they gave. Thank you again for providing feedback on our service. Kind regards Laura