"the form didn't really cover what I can do"

About: Specialist services / Podiatry

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I've come for a foot check. I had a bunion off a while ago, I've been playing tennis and sorting my own feet out, taking a bit off when I need to, and it seems OK but I thought I'd best have it checked. They sent me a form 6 months after to see how I was doing and what I can do, but it didn't really cover what I can do - it asked if I could wash and dress myself, which is ridiculous as I take care of myself, and whether I can walk for half an hour. Well I've not tried that but I think I would so I just ticked it! I'm 82 so doing OK.

Response from Duncan Heaney, Head of Service - Podiatry, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to attend the recent open day and leave your feedback,and I am pleased that your surgery has been successful. I will forward your comments on to the team.

Many thanks again.

I love your story! Keep up the tennis and the walking, maybe we ought to be asking more relevant questions on the form and updating activity questions as many people in their 80's lead full and active lives. If you have any more ideas to share we would love to hear them!

Just get in touch with podiatry again and let them know

Thank you for sharing your story.

Best Wishes

• Jenpd6 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Vanessa Briscoe, Divisional General Manager - Specialist Services, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to post your response. I think the form you are referring to is a standard form that is sent out 6 months post operatively. It is a requirement for the NHS to gather quality information on operations they perform. As the form has to cover all people undergoing operations and it will include a lot of information that can seem irrelevent to otherwise healthy people.