"Long wait for repeat prescription"

About: Kent and Medway

I used the online service and requested this on Thursday and was asked to wait 48 hours. I waited until the next Wednesday (so plenty over the 48) and made a special trip to paydens with 2 children, only to be told this wasn't there. Then made a special trip to the doctors, only to be told no request has been received.

I contacted the prescriptions phone number but no answer. I left a message asking someone to call me back. This didn't happen. So I chased this up with another phone call. I spoke to the lady and explained situation. She said she hadn't had time to process this. This is not good enough! This is eczema meds for my baby son and should not have had this experience of wasted journeys time and still no end result.

I now have to wait again and wonder when and if this would have been processed at all if I hadn't had phoned! We are still without the meds we need a week on...

Response from NHS Thanet Clinical Commissioning Group

Dear Dorean

Please could you advise as to which GP surgery you are at so we can direct your comment accordingly?

Many thanks

Hannah

Update posted by dorean (the patient)

The grange practise ramsgate.

Response from Hannah Price, NHS Thanet Clinical Commissioning Group

Thank you Dorean. I shall raise this with the practice.

Response from Hannah Price, NHS Thanet Clinical Commissioning Group

Dear Dorean,

I am sorry to hear of your recent problem obtaining a repeat prescription, unfortunately without the patient details I am unable to fully investigate, therefore, if you would like me to look into this matter and respond fully, please contact me on 01843 572761.

Yours Sincerely Miss Julie Hill, Practice Manager, The Grange Practice