"Extremely helpful GP practice (as visitor)"

About: NHS Highland

(as a parent/guardian),

Visiting Ullapool on holiday with my children. My 2 week old son developed oral thrush and required medication. I phoned the local GP practice (Ullapool Medical Practice) and spoke with an extremely pleasant and helpful receptionist, who took my details and asked if I would like an appointment or if I would be happy with a phone consultation from a GP. Having gone through the exact same problem with my older children, I was happy to have a phone consultation.

A GP, also very pleasant, professional and helpful, phoned me within one hour, and as a result left a prescription for us at the reception of the practice.

I was extremely impressed with their efficient and helpful service, and with their friendly and professional manner, and very grateful for our speedy treatment.

Response from Maimie Thompson, Head of Public Relations and Engagement, Chief Executive's Office, NHS Highland

Dear Catreena

I am really pleased to hear that the local team were able to be so prompt and helpful. I am sure that will have smoothed the way and hoepfully not upset your holiday too much.

Not only is Ullappol a beautiful part of the world, it attracts first class professionals, who are well used to looking after "locals" and our many visitors.

Thank you for the feed-back and I do hope all the family are well.

I will pass on your thanks to the Ullapool team

• catreeena thinks this response is helpful