"Pleasantly surprised!"

About: North Middlesex Hospital

I gave birth to my first baby in July 2014 in the Birthing Centre at North Mid. I had heard all sorts of rumours about North Mid being a bad place to give birth but I decided to ignore them and see for myself as it is the nearest hospital to my home. I am so glad I did! I gave birth in a birthing pool in a beautiful private room. To add to this, I couldn't have asked for a more professional, kind and supportive midwife to guide me through my first labour. My partner was able to stay the night with me after my son was born in the same room (that also had a double bed). The day after my son was born he was taken to the neonatal intensive care unit where he was cared for by the most amazing doctors, nurses and healthcare assistants. This was an extremely difficult time but the care and support we all received made the whole experience much easier to bear. He's now happy and healthy :) I would recommend North Mid to my closest friends and family!

Response from Maxine Malpass, Communications Officer, North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust

So glad that baby is happy and healthy. I am the head of midwifery meredith.deane@nhs.net and will be sharing your comments with my team.

Response from North Middlesex Hospital

There has been a delay on the website publishing your comment but we are delighted to respond to your kind comments. Thanks very much for trying us out and we are pleased we exceeded your expectations and that your beautiful son is flourishing. I am acting head of midwifery, alisonoldfield@nhs.net and will be sharing your comments with my team.