"Concern over delay in investigating black mass in lung"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / General Surgery Stobhill Hospital / General Surgery

GP spotted mass in lung x rays, which were missed by royal infirmary 3 times, and referred me to Stobhill 6 month ago for x rays and scan and biopsy. I'm on immunos due to liver transplant. These drugs can cause tumours, non malignant in lot of cases.

I waited 5 months before this hosp contacted me, my GP constantly contacting them. Eventually, I went for x ray here, then eventually saw a doc. I saw a young doc who did not seem interested, and kept saying it was unlikely to be cancer as I don't smoke.

Was not interested in the least that this hosp has been reporting to my GP that I have not attended any appointments etc. My GP told them I am receiving apts for the same x rays and breath tests I have already had. Now had a scan but not correct one. Also have a return apt here in oct and another test I'm supposed to have b4 this apt is at end of oct.

On calling appointments to explain, I was told, no apts available till jan/feb so I can cancel doc appt and test appt till then. Honestly this system is disgusting!

Dear wallflower patient,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight the issues you have had with your appointments. You have provided a lot of information here, however it would be really helpful to me if you could get in touch with me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk so that I can get some further details from you. This will help me to look into this for you and provide you with a fuller response.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Yours Sincerely,