"I want to pass on my thanks"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

I was out shopping with my wife on Sunday morning in Dorchester when I had a huge nose bleed. There was blood on the floor of the shop and my wife was following me round with a hankie. We called 999. A gentleman called Mike Rowland arrived in a 4 wheel drive ambulance arrives and stayed with me for 25 mins until the nose bleed started to ease up. As we live a 5-10 min walk away from the shop Mike then offered to drop us back and home and came in with us. He was very pleasant and I wanted to pass on my thanks.

Dear Built871

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you are feeling much better now.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need us most.

I will pass your kind comments onto Mike, and will ensure he is recognised for the care he gave.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.