"The nurses were very friendly"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

My husband was a patient recently on Seabathing Unit and the difference in staff attitude is much better than we experienced in July 2013! The nurses (this time) were friendly but obviously very busy as often it appeared that they did not have sufficient nurses to meet the demands of the patients. And some patients were very demanding and rude to them.

The Ward Manager was very helpful and not only kept us up to date with treatment plans (the doctors did not always explain themselves properly or clearly), but was very friendly and approachable - nothing was too much despite being obviously busy.

I would recommend Seabathing Unit as a great ward to be in, if you really have to be in hospital.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are always proud when our staff offer compassionate care. I will certainly forward your comments to the ward. I hope your husband is recovering well.