"My experience of the PD network and crisis team"

About: Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Crisis resolution

(as a service user),

I'm sick of being treated like someone who is a burden and someone who is told that they should be able to deal with things and not need the help of services. If I didn't need the help I wouldn't be under the network. To be told by a member of staff my CPN only last week, whilst in the midst of a crisis and struggling for weeks, that I don't do anything for myself and I'm too reliant on services. I was previously struggling for weeks and with good reason. I spoke to the crisis team and they were really supportive and lovely, I couldn't ask for anymore. I can't believe my CPN spoke to me in this manner and think it is appalling that they did. I always find when I'm struggling that I have to battle to get any extra support and it is like I shouldn't be asking for it or getting it.

Response from Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the trouble to write about your experience of our services, my name is Jamie Scott and I am the acting personality disorder service manager.

It was reassuring to hear that you felt positively supported by colleagues in the crisis and assessment service, but I was very concerned to read about your experience of contact with your CPN, which was not what you would have wanted.

It is difficult to reply in detail here, and I do not have any details other than what you have posted, however, I would be very happy to discuss these issues with you in more detail if you would like, and if you contact the PALS office on 0800 052 5790, or pals.lypft@nhs.net, then we can arrange a mutually convenient appointment.

Jamie Scott