"Appointment made for TIA clinic the next day"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

I went to a and e in mid May feeling unwell with tingling sensation in my face and down my left arm. I was quickly seen, assessed and an appointment was made for me at the TIA clinic the next day. Amazing service.

Response from Bethan Borrett, Digital Communications Manager, Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear John,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your experience of East Surrey Hospital. I am glad that you feel like our Emergency Department provided an amazing service for you and will pass these comments back to the team.

Kind Regards,

Bethan

Response from Ben Mearns, Chief of Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear John

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your very kind feedback.

Our TIA service has been operating since 2008 and sees all patients referred the following morning and arranges all tests and advice as a "one stop shop". I particularly like the way it has shaped the hospital's services around each patient rather than trying to make the patient fit the hospital. We need more services like these and hopefully you will be pleased to know that this is exactly what we have planned.

I am very pleased you had a good service and hope that you are well and happy.

Kindest regards