"Trauma resulting in fractured neck of femur"

About: Calderdale Royal Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics Huddersfield Royal Infirmary / Trauma and orthopaedics

I had a fall outside a friend's house. I knew that I needed to get to A&E and managed to get to Huddersfield Royal in her car.

At A&E I was assesed and a total hip replacement was to be arranged.

I was move to a ward and it was deccided the next day that my surgery would take place at calderdale Hospital, to which I was moved 4 days later, and had surgery the following day. After Physio on the ward I was discharged 7 days later. Hand rails, toilet seats, a trolley and a key safe were all waiting when I got home. 6 weekly visits from the Physio Team and the later 6 weekly visits to the outpatient Physio dept at calderdale..

Response from Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust

We are sorry to hear of your unfortunate accident, but pleased to hear you were treated and supported well. We hope you are now well recovered from your ordeal. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Response from Calderdale Royal Hospital

I am sorry to hear of your fall, and hope the treatment you have received is helping you make a full and speedy recovery.