"smooth, faultless and positive maternity experience "

About: Royal Bolton Hospital / Maternity care

I had my 2nd child delivered by elective cesarean this week. I cannot praise enough all the efforts, professionalism and genuine sense of caring and support offered by all staff members I came into contact with on wards M4/M5 and theatre/recovery.

It was truly a fantastic experience and was felt reassured every step of the way that I was in great hands.....very different to what I was expecting from a humble NHS facility, I could have been in the 'Portland' the care was so good.

I would like Lucy Bates (anaesthetist) also to have special recognition as she was a key figure for me in theatre, keeping me calm, reassured and talking me through each step... she did more in her role than she needed/had to, leaving me with fond special memories... a real credit to the hospital as all staff were I came into contact with in theatre/on ward 24 M4/M5.....

They couldn't do enough to help. Very very impressed! ! ! ! Thank you for such a smooth, faultless and positive experience.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Congratulations on your new baby! We're pleased everything went well. We will share your comments with the staff involved, especially Lucy. Thank you.