"All seemed good"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

Was transferred to A&E from my GP's surgery by ambulance - suffering from low chest pain/high abdominal pain. I couldn't have been treated with more care and concern. Once at the hospital I had various tests - the final outcome of which was the findings of severe gall stones. I was kept in overnight to ensure chest pains didn't recur, despite the fact that I'd had an ECG and chest scan - they were being very thorough, for which I can only be grateful. I have been referred to a consultant to discuss gall bladder removal. Was very happy with my treatment by all staff throughout this experience. Having only recently moved to the area, I'm really quite reassured that hospital care is good should it be needed again in the future. My only very slight niggle is that once the doc had done his morning rounds and said I could go home - it then took 5 hours for me to receive my discharge letter - the information had not been passed on to the ward staff. So better communication there would have been good. But that's OK next time (after I'm given my day for the operation) I'll ensure that nursing staff are aware when I'm fit to leave!! Thank you to all the staff - they had some trying patients on their hands and they were all exemplary from what I saw.

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. I am glad we were able to care for you and make a potentially stressful situation better for you. I note your feedback about the discharge letter,we are trying to improve our discharge arrangements. I hope your operation goes well.