"A week in Durham Hospital"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

I was recently admitted (via dialling 111 and then A&E) Friday night 12 September – a busy time on a partying night in Durham) into Ward 3 with frightening, for me anyway, breathing difficulties. I was there for six days, being monitored, measured, giving blood samples and generally watched around the clock. I was seen by several consultants, and given many pills. Following that, I then spent a day in Ward 9 At all times, all staff were lovely, kind, friendly and helpful. The high turnover of patients leaving and arriving kept everyone very busy, and the amazing cleanliness routine for vacated beds was eye-watering. Bathrooms and wards were always very clean. So, all in all, my experience in the hospital was a very positive one. Sometimes the food was poor quality, particularly the tasteless frozen veg cubes which contained tough chewy bits. Thanks to all concerned for everything else.. Gillian Humphrys (Mrs)

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to the Accident and Emergency, Ward 3 and Ward 9 departments at University Hospital of North Durham I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant teams. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774