"Nine months of cancer treatment"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital / General medicine Maidstone Hospital Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital / General surgery William Harvey Hospital / General surgery

Over the last nine months I have had to have cancer treatment which involved a major operation at the QEQM Margate, chemotherapy at the WHH Ashford, radiotherapy at the K&C and brachytherapy at Maidstone Hospital.

I felt compelled to write and say that I have received excellent care at all four hospitals, from my surgeon, Mr A Nordin, my oncologist, Dr Nathan, the radiologists, the nurses and the reception staff have been nothing but kind, caring and helpful at all times.

My only negative point would be that the radiotherapy machine was very temperamental, but no way are the staff to blame for this, it is that the old machine is too expensive to replace and this only adds to their workload.

I have now been given the all clear and am very grateful to all four hospitals.

Thank you very much for providing us with lovely feedback, and I am really glad that all has gone so well for you. We do have plans for replacing the equipment