"Nursing Care"

About: Mansfield & Ashfield / Community nursing, Mansfield

(as a staff member posting for a carer/relative),

On behalf of myself and my family I would like to say a massive thank you to the nurses in the Mansfield District Nursing Team who cared for my mum who died in February. I don't know the names of all the nurses that came to care for her as it was a bit of a hectic time but I do remember Jo Bridges and Charlotte Nash but to all the nurses we just want to say thank you for the care and kindness you all showed our mum.

It's great to know we have such a wonderful, caring, nursing team working in Mansfield and we are grateful that you all helped make our mum's last few days as comfortable as possible. Mum was really worried that she would be sent into hospital and really didn't want to go and thanks to the nursing team she was able to remain at home until she died, which I know she was really happy about. Once again, thank you all.

Response from Suzanne Jones, Head of Adult Services (Mansfield), Mansfield & Ashfield Locality, County Health Partnerships

Thank you for taking time out to thank our staff for caring for your Mum in her last few days. I am pleased that the team helped to care for her in her preferred place of care. I will ensure the team involved know of your kind comments about the care your Mum received. Many thanks.