"Some of the saddest days of my life"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I recently was sent to Preston after discovering at my 12 week scan my baby had no heart beat. I attended the early pregnancy unit and was obviously distressed and would have rather been visiting 6 months later for the birth of a healthy baby. On saying that the service and care I received was outstanding. Like most public services I know resources are stretched beds are limited but I wasn't made aware of this on my visits to this unit. The genuine care shown to me made those horrible days a little easier. In particular the sister who comforted me gave me all the information I needed to make choices and helped me more than she will know. The NHS should be proud of them!

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. It's pleasing to hear that you received such a high standard of care and support at what is a very difficult and emotional time for you and your family. Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with staff in the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience at what is obviously a very sad and difficult time for you. I'm pleased to hear that the standard of care and support you received was as we would aim to provide for all our patients; please be assured that your feedback has been shared with staff in the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit