"Friendly pre-op admissions staff Banbury ..."

About: Horton General Hospital

Friendly pre-op admissions staff

Banbury is conveniently located and easy to get to. Parking is good. Sometimes you even get someone to answer the phone.

My initial consultation entailed an interminable wait and I didn't even see the consultant in the end but a jr doc. Then, my file seemed to go astray, and I had to chase up a follow-up appointment several times before being sent for further tests at the JR.

Having a foot in both the Horton and JR camps, I was taken aback during my pre-op assessment when various procedures and estimated recovery times differed from those stated by the nurse practitioner at the JR. Fortunately, I sorted it out through the JR, but Horton seemed a bit uninformed and using an old leaflet: I had to tell *them* the recovery time for keyhole surgery. But only when the JR nurse backed me up did they listen; otherwise, I was given the attitude that Horton always does it this way and JR might just do things differently.

Response from Horton General Hospital

If you would like to get in touch with the Horton Hospital and discuss this issue further, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service by email at PALSHH@orh.nhs.uk.