"Poor nursing care"

About: Heartlands Hospital

Recently I was referred to the ENT department as an emergency patient and had to have Some very painful removal of wax which could not be achieved merely through suction. The treatment took about twenty five minutes, I had to have treatment by suction a week later and I experienced extreme vertigo because of a deep infection. Both occasions were very distressing and while the doctors were polite and friendly, I found the very experienced nurses, on both occasions, to be totally indifferent, 'cold' , unfriendly and uncaring, which I would expect to be a big part of a nurse's role. It was discovered that I had a serious condition which was very distressing in itself. The staff at the Reception area are to be commended for their friendliness and professionalism. Thank you.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

I am sorry to read about your experience at Heartlands Hospital, ENT department. I have forwarded your feedback to the Operations Manager who will start an investigation. Could I please ask that you contact Patient Service directly so that we can gain some more information on 0121 424 0808?

Many thanks