"lost property"

About: Heartlands Hospital

My grandfather was taken into solihull A&E when he had a heart attack and was transferred to Heartlands on the same day. His clothing was removed as was his hernia belt. He wears a hernia belt, as he needs this for support. This has been lost at the one of the hospitals on the day he had a heart attack, none of hospitals will take responsibility for replacing the belt. I have contacted my grandfathers GP who has sent a referral to Heartlands for this belt to be replaced, after hearing nothing back we contacted the surgical appliance unit at Heartlands, who told us we had to wait until December. This is totally unacceptable, my grandfather needs the belt as he cannot have the hernia removed due to this age and other medical conditions, which include diabetes and renal failure. he is in a great deal of pain with out it, and given he has just had a heart attack we would of thought getting him back to normal would be a priority. Why should we have to wait so long for a hernia belt when its the hospitals fault for losing it?

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Could you please contact Patient Services directly tomorrow and speak to a member of the team who will try their best to get your grandfather's hernia belt sorted out sooner.

Contact number 0121 424 0808.

With kind regards and a speedy recovery for your grandfather