"helpful care from urgent care centre at Leighton hospital"

About: Leighton Hospital

I arrived at the urgent care centre at Leighton hospital with a very badly affected toe. It was very worrying for me as it was starting to affect my foot to. I was treated by Becky Bickley who was on duty that day. Clearly very competent with nursing she did however more that just treat the infection. She gave me the confidence that this would be alright which is just as important as actual medication. She arranged treatment at home and oversaw my treatment who I came back to ucc which I think helped as continuity of care is very important in a quicker recovery.

The toe has healed up now but I honestly think her care helped. It was much better than a dr I had met before who seemed very disinterested in the infection.

Response from Leighton Hospital

The Urgent Care Centre's philosophy is to deliver the quality service we are reknown for. It is humbling to receive these kind and appreciative words. We value feedback from all our patients and carers. The Urgent Care Staff thank you for your comments. Debbie Tildsley, Operations Manager, Urgent Care Centre.