"Feeling let down by ward care"

About: Leicester General Hospital / Urology

I am currently on ward 28 for the 2nd time in recent weeks. I can hand on my heart say I completely agree with the other patients comments!

After being asked to give up my bed (even after collapsing in pain, IV morphine etc) which I asked could I please stay here so I could get pain relief at 1am, nurse went around the corner and told the other ward that I had refused to move and then started laughing about me!

I had to wait 6 hours for a sleeping tablet and had to continuously remind staff that my pain relief was due. My last admission consisted of me ending up at ward 23 which was equally lovely. Some staff were denying drinks as they were too busy - this appeared to cause a 86 yr old to collapse.

I was discharged with no diagnosis and this admission is looking just the same. NHS letting me down again.

Response from Communications Officer, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust

Dear Hempo,

Communications Team

Leicester's Hospitals

Response from Leicester General Hospital

Dear Hempo, We're not quite sure why this comment has been pulled through from Patient Opinion seven months after your initial review, but we would like to refer you to the reply we posted on Patient Opinion at the time: We are incredibly sorry to hear that you feel let down by the care you received on ward 28. We have been in touch with the ward, and the matron has requested you contact her directly to discuss your experience. Matron, Clair Riddell can be contacted by email on clair.riddell@uhl-tr.nhs.uk or by calling 0116 258 8328. We hope Clair can offer some reassurance and that we can learn from your experience to improve care on the ward." Kind regards Communications Team Leicester's Hospitals