"Wife's recent pregnancy"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

My wife recently gave birth here and I have to say I am very pleased with the whole experience, the facilities are excellent and the midwifes who assisted us were friendly, caring and very professional. The doctors who treated my wife were also excellent and very professional. The food standard was fine and the hospital is a genuine asset to the Durham area. My only slight issue is that smoking is allowed at the entrances to A&E and the main entrance, I cannot understand the logic of allowing a minority of smokers to pollute the entrance to a hospital. Please ban smoking on the entire site. Once that is done this hospital will be even better.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to the labour ward at University Hospital of North Durham. Congratuations on the birth of your child. I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care your wife received. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the staff on the labour ward. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774