"ENT outpatient appointments"

About: Lister Hospital

I attended the ENT clinic at Lister on 21st August where I was told that I needed to have a scan and a follow up appointment for six weeks after the initial appointment on 21st August. I have had the scan but have received no appointment for the follow up. As it is now about a month since the first appointment, I have been trying for four days to get through to the ENT appointments department. I have been given four different numbers for supposedly a direct line to the appoints departmental, which I have been ringing at different times of the day. The phone either just rings with no answer or I get a recorded message. Perhaps I can have an answer as to the correct number to ring and why have I been given four. Different numbers to ring. Not impressed at all.

Response from Lister Hospital

Actually we can go one better - email us with your details to generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net and we can get this all sorted for you (this service is promoted via our website and is used regularly by patients with issues they want chased up). Our appointment lines are often very busy, so using the general enquiries service is a much better route to use.