"unbelievable wait for treatment"

My granddaughter has been referred to the dental hospital for treatment since May this year. She has already seen 4 different dentists and in desperation we paid privately last time. They all say she needs to go to the Dental hospital and have sent letters etc. After all this wait last week we had a letter asking us to ring for a consultation appt. When we did this we were told it would be late December !! I am appalled at this. I can only hope the abcess she had two months ago does come back. In the meantime we are coping with countless bottles of calpol. It seems the only way people get treatment is to go direct to the hospital with no apt - perhaps this is the reason a normal apt is so far ahead.

Response from Birmingham Dental Hospital

I am sorry you have experienced these difficulties, and would welcome the opportunity to talk to you to see if there is anything we can do to resolve this. Please contact Alison Last via email alison.last@bhamcommunity.nhs.uk or phone 0121 466 7128 at your earliest Please include in your message (by email or phone) that you are following up on an NHS Choices comment, this will help me in dealing with your enquiry. Thank you. Kind regards, Alison Last, Associate Director of Patient Experience, Birmingham Community Healthcare Trust.