"history lost"

About: Derriford Hospital

Yesterday i go with the ambulance to derriford I have pain dawn of my stomac They after of 6 hours say i need scan, and say back tomorrow for the scan... I do, today i back for the scan,,,, after of wait 7 hours more , they say back tomorrow.... Excuse me? 3 days for one scan of 3 min? I go to the x rays team, for ask please.... They say we dont have any request abouth you... So, i am two days in the hospital for nothing? What is this ? I will report to the courts

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good afternoon,

I am extremely sorry to hear that your recent experience at Derriford Hospital was not a good one. There does seem to be some communication issues regarding why the X-ray department were not aware of your referral, subsequently contributing to your unnecessary waiting times.

Please would you be kind enough to give our PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) Team a call on 01752 432564 or email plh-tr.PALS@nhs.net so we may have some more information from you so that we can investigate this further for you.

With best wishes