"Admitted for reaccuring APH at 36+4 days gestation"

About: York Hospital

I've been admitted twice to this maternity unit at York. On being admitted this second time the maternity staff on labour ward were amazing couldn't fault them at all. I had outstsnding care and was made aware that they were going to C section me with the bleeding over a convirent amount of days. I am a visiting patient here as I have a c section date planned at another hospital and I'm classed as a high risk pregnancy patient with previous history of placental abruptions of which I had an almost life and death situation with my previous delivery. I was left for 5 days to wait to see if I had anymore bleeding and if I did I had to stay in for repeated 24hrs consecutively just incase I had a heamorrage risk to me and baby. They have come up with a plan to c section me over my Actual due date of 4 days over as they don't have any slots left. :-( I seriously think this unit needs updating and made bigger and more aware of High risk pregnancies as this hospital serves a huge/ vast amount of patients. This is my personal opinion. The staff are great it's just such a shame it's over run and over worked and you can tell that this is causing a cause for concern! I wouldn't of liked my first pregnancy to have been here and I'm pacificaly not going to be having my baby delivered here. 16/9/14

Response from York Hospital

Thank you for your posting. We do take comments made very seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate the particular concerns you have raised. Please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 01904 726262 or email pals.york@york.nhs.uk and they will be pleased to help.