"Post natal care"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

Having used the maternity ward some 20 years ago and having had a bad experience, I was reluctant to use this hospital again. I had planned for a home birth, as previously had a home birth mainly due to previous bad experience, however this was not possible. Care given during my pregnancy, prior to labour and during labour I could not fault. However, post natal care was terrible. I appreciate that the midwifery services are stretched but most of midwives has terrible bed side manner, was not properly informed regarding discharge procedure, was left sitting in blood stained sheets after birth which my family cleared away. Having had two experiences here much the same I will not be using this hospital again and would recommend that the NHS look at the lack of funding for this service before women revert back to home births.

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience of using our maternity services. I am sorry you were not happy with the post natal care and I would like to learn more from you about how we could have improved your experience. Please do email me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net and we can arrange to talk.