"ENT"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I came in last year with my hearing loss. They offered me 2 choices, either try the hearing aids for 6 months and then go back and discuss if I want to keep going or if I want an operation or reverse. I haven't yet received another appointment. Each time I ring the hospital to ask what is happening I get passed through to different departments. I rang again last week and finally got put through to the ENT. However the receptionist was on holiday and I think her voice mail was rather rude and not friendly. I have stopped wearing the hearing aids due to them feeling uncomfortable and I would like to have the operation. However I don't think this is going to happen due to the lack of communication through the ENT. I would of like to be informed next time that I have been discharged instead of saying they'll send me another appointment. I am very disappointed as I know my hearing isn't getting any better. I am not impressed.

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Caitlin,

Kind Regards

Paul Jebb

Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)

Response from Blackpool Victoria Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent experience of our ENT department. I am sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing in communicating with staff in our ENT department. I do urge you to contact my team on 01253 955589 or pals@bfwhospitals.nhs.uk they will be able to take more details from you and ensure that your concerns are fully investigated. Kind Regards Paul Jebb Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)