"About my son's experiences"

About: Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust St George's Hospital (Tooting) / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

First after waiting all day to be discharged and I called a cab that has waited for more than an hour, I was told no Dr to sign my discharge latter. Then my son who is having uncontrolled seizure medication was delayed for more than an hour and half.

The nurse in charge of us was very rude and in the night when he was not settled because his medication was delayed I was asked to take him to the play room because he was disturbing the other children. This was after the night before all this the bed next to us had a parent that had been making phone calls, his child had been screaming and my son keep on having seizures. No one asked them to go to the play room in the night.

All this happened in St Georges hospital in Tooting. And in Evelina I was given a used oral enteral syringe to use for my son gravity feed. I know it was used because she brought it open and it had little milk in it. I said it had been used and she confirmed that it had.

Response from St George's Healthcare NHS Trust

I am sorry to read of your experience and dissatisfaction with the care your son received and would encourage you to contact the PALS department at St. George’s Hospital if you have not already done so. You can talk to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your experience and further investigation can take place, pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453

Response from St George's Hospital (Tooting)

We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied when accessing this service recently. We apologise for the fact that your experience was poor. We really try hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive from our relatives and patients. If you would like the opportunity to discuss your experiences more fully please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service about your experience - pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453. For your concerns regarding the Evelina please contact PALS for St. Thomas' hospital and the telephone number is 020 7188 8801.