"Hospital fails on all levels"

About: Bovey Tracey Hospital

Our relative stayed recently, she was very poorly, but staff constantly Badgered her saying she had to get out ASAP, some were very bullying both to the patient and relatives, not from our point of view very caring staff, it seems all they are interested I is ticking boxes. Patient left sitting I chair for long periods of time, Maybe the hospital should have remained closed....Not a very good place to be in.

Response from Patient Experience Lead, Patient Quality and Safety, South Devon and Torbay Clinical Commissioning Group

Dear Anonymous,

I am really sorry for the poor experience you have had and for any distress this caused you and your relative.

I would be happy to look into the concerns you have raised and investigate what happened. If you would like me to do this, please email: patientfeedback.sdtccg@nhs.net or call 01803 652 578 we are here Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm.

Once again, I am very sorry for the poor experience and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.

Kind Regards

Patient Experience Team

Response from April Gradwell, Feedback, Engagement & Care Governance Manager, Professional Practice, Torbay and Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for providing feedback about your relative's stay at Bovey Tracey Hospital. I am sorry that their experience has been so bad.

This is not the standard of service that we aim to provide and if you would like to contact me directly and provide more details I will arrange for the Matron of the hospital to investigate this matter and to meet with you so that the specific issues can be addressed.

I can be contacted on 01803 217 397 or feedback.t-sd@nhs.net.

Kind Regards