"If I had stayed, i would have been there 5 hours plus"

About: New Cross Hospital / Accident and emergency

Went to A&E on Sunday with a badly sprained arm, was told 3 hours to wait. I left after two hours as I wasn't even assessed,

There was a gentleman waiting well before I arrived. He got assessed and was told another two hours which I think is absolutely disgusting. So if I had stayed I would been there 5 hours plus. In my opinion this is absolutely disgusting service from the NHS.

Response from The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

Dear Gymboi

Thank you for posting your comments relating to your patient experience in our Emergency Department. To enable me to look further into your concerns, I would be grateful if you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362.

Kindest regards

Carol Bott

Head of Patient Experience and Public Involvement

Update posted by Gymboi (the patient)

I rang the patient advice and liaison service ( PALS )

and its an automated answering service, left details about my visit to A & E and now just waiting for a call back from ( PALS )

Response from New Cross Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and apologise for any distress that this matter has caused you. To enable me to look further into your concerns, I would be grateful if you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362 who can assist your further. Just to inform you, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) are holding two public listening events on: Tuesday 26 May 2015 at The Mount Hotel, Mount Road, Tettenhall Wood, Wolverhampton. WV6 8HL at 6.30pm and Wednesday 27 May 2015 at St Luke's Church and Community Centre, Parish Office, Church Street, Cannock, Staffordshire WS11 1DE at 6.30pm Any feedback that you can provide to the CQC would be very much appreciated. If you require any further information relating to this event, please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362. Kindest regards Carol Bott Head of Patient Experience and Public Involvement