"He had an excellent manner and a great attitude"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / NHS 111

I’d been beaten up and my ribs were hurt, I called 111 as I did not think I needed to go to hospital. The paramedic, Paul, who attended was very thorough checking me over, he had an excellent manner and a great attitude.

He wanted me to go to the hospital but I did not think my injuries were so bad. Because of this he arranged for a doctor from my GP Surgery to come and see me at home. However, 5 minutes after the paramedic had left the surgery called to say no – one was available to make a home visit and that I should go and see them in the surgery, but could not move.

I am going to need to go to the hospital now.

Dear Sent30

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you are feeling much better now.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need us most.

I would like to pass your kind comments onto the 111 service and to Paul who came to your aid. Would you be able to contact me, laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk or call 01392 453831, at your convenience, with the date and address that the ambulance attended? This would allow me to identify the staff involved and ensure they are recognised for the care they gave.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.