"abysmal post operative care."

About: University Hospital Of North Tees

underwent spinal surgery on 8th July and woke up with some very unpleasant side effects including paraplegia of my left leg. .Of course side effects of any procedure are to be borne in mind by any candidate for surgery. My criticism is that the problems I have are likely to get worse the longer they are left. Most sources say they shoul be sorted out very quickly. My medical records have been marked to the effect that I should be seem to as 'a matter of urgency' and yet I have just been told that it could be weeks before I can expect the necessary intervention. If you need orthopeadic treatment I should try James Cook.

Response from University Hospital Of North Tees

We are very concerned to read your comments and we would very much welcome the opportunity to address your concerns. You can do this by contacting our patient experience team on 01642 624719. If the team are unable to take a call, messages can be left on the answering machine and they will be picked up throughout the day. Alternatively please email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk. We are keen to address your concerns so please get in touch.