"Pharmacy !"

About: Weston Park Hospital

This is an exelent hospital where the staff are the most caring I have come across. However every single day there has been a problem with the pharmacy. Currently I am waiting for pain relief, my 5 o'clock antibiotics which ate new and important to be taken on time. My regular evening medication that also includes pain relief should be taken at 8. It's now 8.30 and cannot have even a paracetamol as pharmacy has taken my chart this afternoon to prepare antibiotics. This is a cancer hospital, people are in constant pain why does it take so long for everything. Every patient has had a problem with pharmacy that I have spoken to. It actually disgusting. Am the worlds strongest voice in favour of the NHS, but all pharmacies are the same but this one takes it to a new level

Response from Debbie Fletcher, Patient Partnership, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent experience of our services. I am very sorry that on this occasion your care was not of the high standard that we would expect at our Trust. We would like to be given the opportunity to respond to you in more detail about this.

If you would like us to investigate your concerns further, please contact our Patient Services Team on either 0114 2712400 or pst@sth.nhs.uk and they will take additional details from you.

Thank you once again.