"unable to see gp"

About: Manchester Royal Infirmary

After a lot of deliberation I went to accident and emergency after I was told there were no doctors appointments available until September I explained this to the nurse i spoke to who sent me straight to the gp liaison I will be honest I didn't hold out much hope of getting a appointment but listening to the young lady she was so professional and very persuasive I got a appointment the same day I was amazed it did sound like they didn't want to give her one but she made sure I got one . Id like to say thank you and I hope you appreciate the hard work she does .

Response from Manchester Royal Infirmary

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHS Choices website regarding your care in the Accident and Emergency Department of the Manchester Royal Infirmary. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the GP liaison and the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects their hard work and dedication. It was reassuring to hear that you were able to receive the help you needed to get an appointment with your GP. We can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the GP Liaison and the staff involved in your care during that time. The Patient Experience Team Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments posted on the Patient Opinion website regarding your care in the Accident and Emergency Department of the Manchester Royal Infirmary. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the GP liaison and the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects their hard work and dedication. It was reassuring to hear that you were able to receive the help you needed to get an appointment with your GP. We can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the GP Liaison and the staff involved in your care during that time.

The Patient Experience Team