"Good hospital but poor communication"

About: Guy's Hospital

I would agree with one of the reviewers above, although when you are actually there, the staff are efficient and lovely, I think there is a problem with communication. I am going in for an operation and was told over the phone it would be on the 8th or 10th of next month. I telephoned to confirm this, was put through to two different departments and eventually found out it was on the 1st! As I have to make arrangements etc. it would have been nice to get a letter earlier. I'm just glad I phoned as I could have missed it. As I say other than the admin side of it, the hospital is very good.

Response from Guy's Hospital

I am sorry to learn that your positive experience in the Orthopaedics’ clinical service was undermined by difficulties with the appointments service. Your feedback has been shared with the Orthopaedics Service Manager, who will aim to understand why staff in different departments were unable to give you the correct information and will also monitor the timescales of appointment letters being sent to patients.