"Emergency Treatment at Pinderfields"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

I was admitted as an emergency patient in the early hours of the 28/07/2014. I was felling very ill vomiting blood.. I had very little idea where i was. I felt uncomfortable but safe, I was initially treated by a Paramedic from Selby. She was excellent and according to my wife treated me very very well. I understand the ambulance crew were not very pleasant and caused my wife some distress with there treatment of me. I cannot remember but she has informed me they were a bit abrasive. I was vomiting blood and was very dizzy when admitted to A&E. Later when i was starting to make sense of things my Grandson had arrived and he told me I had received constant attention and had been treated very well whist he was present. The A&E consultant spoke with me and told me I would be admitted ti a ward until I made a full recovery. I was admitted to a room in Ward 12. A young nurse came to see me immediately she took my detail;ls and explained the procedure. I was gives a glass and jug of water. . A nurse came to see me and told me he was my dedicated nurse. He visited me regularly and checked my blood pressure and blood sugar. I was seen by a doctor from ward 12 and again by the consultant. A lady came to see me a told me she was doing a dementia check. I feel I was well treated and would like to thank the staff who cared for me. It was my first experience as an inpatient in Hospital I was told I could go home early evening if my blood pressure dropped.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

Thank you for this feedback. We are pleased that you felt safe and well cared for and hope trhat you enjoy a full and eneventful recovery.