"Yet another paperwork mix up!"

About: Worthing Hospital

Having previously made a complaint against the hospital regarding my cataracts surgery, I was assured that my operation would be done this month. I waited a couple of weeks, and heard nothing. Upon phoning the hospital I was told, in a very blasé fashion, that "oh, sorry,new lost your notes!!??". My notes had been missed, and so not passed on to the necessary people! I have only received a cursory apology for this, no follow up and no one seems to care. I have no idea what's happening with my surgery, for a condition which is now having a huge and negative impact on my life. I feel like no one cares when mistakes are made, and no one is forced to take responsibility.

Response from Worthing Hospital

We are very sorry to read about your poor experience of our ophthalmology service. We agree that such delays and poor communication are not acceptable and are very sorry for this. We would like to investigate your concerns and to support you to access the correct treatment. We would therefore be very grateful if you would contact us via our PALS department. You can do this by calling PALS on 01903 285032(office hours) or emailing us at PALSWorthing@wsht.nhs.uk.