"I would like to sing the praises ..."

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

I would like to sing the praises of the Consultant Surgeon at North Tyneside. I had the misfortune to have to undergo two surgeries at end Jan./beginning of February 2008 (and about to undergo further surgery on 4 March 2009 under his care). His care both during and after has been exemplorary and I would like to say a huge thank you to him and his nursing staff.

Felt on occasions that nursing staff were a little scarce and often had to wait for painkilling medication for long periods after asking.

Would also like to add the showering/toilet facilities leave a lot to be desired - don't ever look very clean even after they have been cleaned! In serious need of updating.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Thank you for your very kind comments posted on the NHS Choices website regarding the care afforded to you recently in North Tyneside General Hospital.

We were very sorry to hear your concerns about medication being overdue and the condition of the shower areas. If you would like to write to our Complaints Department we would be very keen to investigate and provide you with an accurate response. We offer our sincere apologies that you were unhappy with these services. If you do decide to write the address for your letter is:

Complaints Department