"Effective, Efficient & High Quality Care"

About: Royal Hospital for Sick Children (Yorkhill) / Accident & Emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

I attended Yorkhill Hospital in Glasgow today with my son who had been injured playing rugby. He had received first aid at the scene and was advised to seek medical advice in view of the pain he was experiencing.

He was unable to walk due to pain and had to be carried from the car towards the Emergency Department. From the moment that we passed through the entrance it was reassuring to see the personal attention offered by every member of the nursing team. One of the nurses was dealing with someone else but noticed my son was in pain and could not walk as I attempted to help him to stand - he immediately got a wheelchair and took time to raise my son's leg on the legrest, reassuring him that he would be seen very soon. The triage nurse was very calm and he too made it his priority to reassure and arrange to get medication to relieve his pain.

The high quality care continued with the assessment by the doctor who assessed him, calmly asking questions, listening intently and very tenderly but efficiently assessing his leg, bones & strength in his leg.

Thank you all for making a painful and upsetting morning more bearable; and for all that you do for children, young people and their families 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.

Dear feedbackfan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on you and your son's experience at Yorkhill. It is a scary time if your child is ill or injured and so I am really pleased to hear that the staff were able to reassure you both and calm the situation.

I will pass on your comments to the Emergency staff at Yorkhill who will be glad to hear such positive feedback.

Once again, thank you for passing on your kind comments and I hope that your son has had a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,

Lorna

• feedbackfan thinks this response is helpful