"Maternity unit"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

I had my first baby at Wigan in August. I can honestly say that every member of staff went out of their way to ensure my labour and post birth time at the hospital was as calm and worry free as possible. The midwifes were absolutely amazing and looked after us really well. We have received and still receiving lots of support now. The facilities were clean and there was always somebody on hand to help. I was also really impressed with the huge, clean and relaxing (if possible) delivery room. Cannot thank the team enough!

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your very kind comments in respect of the Maternity Unit at Royal Albert Edward Infirmary. It is very much appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know of your experience at what I am sure is a very busy time. I will make sure that the staff on the unit and in the community are made aware of your posting and your positive patient experience.

May I take this opportunity to congratulate you on the birth of your baby and extend our best wishes to you both.

Response from Royal Albert Edward Infirmary