"Waiting Times For Surgery"
About: Somerset PCT Somerset PCT Yeovil BA22 8HR
Posted by York (as ),
My experience of waiting times is dismal. I have now lost hope of ever getting NHS treatment and will have to pay privately. Here is my time line:
• Referred to consultant December 2006
• Discharged in July 2007
• Referred back to consultant November 2007
• Saw consultant May 2008, diagnosed and told needed major surgery. Couldn't do this locally, referred to another health authority. Never given an appointment in new health authority. Requested referral elsewhere in August 2008.
• Surgery booked for March 2009 but then deferred as tests needed.
• It is now March 2009 and with the NHS surgery would be in September 2009 at the earliest.
Every delay has been down to admin errors but these have counted against me and I am not on a waiting list because tests discussed in July 2008 have not been completed. With the NHS it seems you are a number and not a person and I am appalled at the lack of care. I am severely disabled by my condition.
Has anyone else had this experience?