"Ten out of ten from me!"

About: Doncaster Royal Infirmary / Trauma and orthopaedics

Due to ganglion in my left hand, I had to visit the orthopaedic clinic at Doncaster Royal Infirmary. Having visited my local GP with a minor problem to my left wrist, I was advised that the problem would need to be sorted at the hospital and I would get an appointment as soon as convenient. Within a month I received a phone call from my local surgery asking if a certain date and time would be convenient to visit the hospital. This I confirmed and this was subsequently followed up by a confirmation letter for the surgery and also the hospital. Three weeks before my appointment I received a phone call from the hospital explaining that my appointment would have to be changed, actually bringing it forward, and that I would be required to attend the hospital three days from the phone call. This wasn't a problem fro me, just the reverse in fact.

I went for my consultation on the Monday morning and was treated extremely well and efficiently. After having an x-ray the consultant decided to aspirate the ganglion there and then. Again this was done absolutely brilliantly by the consultant with no discomfort whatsoever. I have to return in 6 weeks but all in all I thought the whole event was dealt with in a first class manner. The consultant was brilliant and the nurses considerate and understanding. Ten out of ten from me! Thanks!

Response from Doncaster Royal Infirmary

Thank you for your feedback.