"A magnificent team with a magnificent leader"

About: King's Mill Hospital

I was discharged from hospital (Ward 31) yesterday after spending 9 days there. I entered on Sept 2nd for (hopefully) keyhole gall bladder removal but his turned into open surgery gall bladder removal. From surgery I was taken to Ward 31 where I was given incredible support from the whole team. They were patient, caring, nothing was too much trouble even when they were busy. Everything was five star with a camaraderie and sense of humour that lifted spirits and certainly inspired recovery. All the staff were magnificent but although it would be somewhat wrong to single out any individual I cannot complete this review without commenting on the nurse leader. Her team were superb (too many to name individually) but she was outstanding - gentle, supportive, caring, a wonderful sense of humour together with total professionalism and efficiency. A magnificent team supporting a magnificent leader. A million thanks to them all. When I was discharged I felt as though I was leaving good friends behind. They are an outstanding credit to the hospital.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for you feedback which we have shared with the team on ward 31. We would like to wish you a successful and speedy recovery.