"Colonoscopy"

About: Bmi - The Chaucer Hospital

I'm only 19, and had never had anything done to me in a hospital before. I had a colonoscopy yesterday, and of course I was a little bit nervous. The staff, however, were extremely friendly and comforting, and answered any questions of mine with big, friendly smiles. Although my colonoscopy was rather uncomfortable for me, both the consultant and the endoscopy team did a brilliant job at making me feel more relaxed and encouraging me and I genuinely mean it when I say that I couldn't fault any of them or their attitudes at all. They were all very nice to me, and when I had any questions, again, they answered them for me. When I wasn't having my colonoscopy, I was looked after by a couple of extremely friendly nurses. I was pleasantly surprised by the food, too; when you haven't eaten for over 24 hours, anything appeals, but I must say that they had a good range of food, even for vegetarians like myself. Therefore, an egg sandwich, salad and some orange juice certainly went down a treat, and it wasn't too bad, either. Room was very comfortable and clean. Thanks to everyone who looked after me yesterday- I appreciate how I was made to feel as comfortable as possible.

Response from Bmi - The Chaucer Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very pleased to see that you felt comfortable with us.