"Very poor communication skills"

About: Crawley Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

I had a terrible experience with one particular doctor in the ENT clinic at Crawley Hospital.

I have never met a doctor who was so uncaring, arrogant and dismissive of my symptoms. He didn't seem to listen to a word I had to say and fobbed me off with very little explanation of what was wrong with me.

I worry about the NHS if this is the quality of the so called "specialist". I have asked my GP to refer me to another hospital where hopefully I will get better treatment.

Response from Maxine May, Communications Officer, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear CT99

I am really very sorry to hear about this and would like to follow this up on your behalf. Please can you forward me your contact details and I will get back to you.

Maxine May

Communications Officer

Response from Barbara Bray, Chief of Surgery, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear CT99

I was very concerned to read your posting as I know that the clinical staff in the ENT department will be. Please be assured that we will follow this up and therefore need you to make contact with either Maxine in the above posting (maxine.may@sash.nhs.uk) or myself via barbara.bray@sash.nhs.uk