"The hospital has been fantastic for me"

About: Ayr Hospital / Ophthalmology

I had an eye operation on Monday in Ayr Hospital in the little theatre. My consultant was Mr Srinivasan. The nurses and everybody who looked after me were great. The hospital has been fantastic for me. The only issue is to do with transport. I don’t think the NHS can do anything about it. There is a hospital bus service provided by the council and it now only runs every 2 hours. It used to be every hour. Obviously you can’t drive when you have an eye operation. Having to wait around after an operation isn’t ideal.

Dear Duckling585,

I am so very glad your eye operation went so well, our sight is such a precious thing. All the staff clearly looked after you well and that is what we aim for. I am sorry your journey home was delayed due to the lack of buses, you are right it is not ideal at all.

Thank you for sharing this with us via Patient Opinion. It will be my pleasure to pass this post for the attention of the eye (Opthalmology) service and Mr Srinivasan. It makes such a differenced to us all to get a pat on the back from time to time.

I hope you are recovering well,

Kind regards,